Welcome to my consulting site
Background:I am a certified 6-12 ELA and Government teacher, but my main teaching focus has been secondary English for 19 years. I have experience teaching AP, GT, ELL, and at-risk students. Additionally, I am an AP College Board Table Leader for the AP English Literature and Composition exam, a rater for the TExES ELA Teacher Certification exam, and a rater for the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) exams.I created an Analytical Writing program that I have presented at the 2014 and 2016 AP Annual Conventions, and have co-authored a book, Fast Track to a 5: English Language and Composition, a text used in many AP English Language courses across the nation.
Listed below are the areas for which I provide consulting and coaching:
- Literacy Learning for all Disciplines
- Writing across the Curriculum (WAC)
- Differentiated Instruction for Gifted and Talented Students & English Language Learners
- RtI programs and strategies for struggling learners and ELL students
- Advanced Placement English Language and Literature Analytical Writing (proprietary method)
- Integrated Critical Reading, Thinking, Writing (proprietary method)
- Building Critical Thinking Skills
- Integrating Educational Technology in the Classroom
- AP & Pre-AP 6-12 vertical alignment; 6-12 ELA vertical alignment
- AP English Literature & Language Curriculum Development
- AP English Literature & English Language Scoring Coach
For a complete resume, visit myLinkedIn page.
To see Testimonials, click here.
To see a Portfolio of projects and presentations, click here.
If you are interested in learning more about my consulting services or having me present at your school, please contact me using the form provided.